The stock market has been through a lot of ups and downs, but for some investors, it’s time to get back into the game. A few stocks are worth keeping an eye on today – and might be good investments in the long run.
The “stock market today graph” is a stock market graph that provides information on the current state of the stock market. It can be found in most financial news articles.
9:13 a.m., December 20, 2021 ET
Omicron has crashed the party, and markets are taking notice. Just when it appeared like some sort of normality was on the horizon, Omicron has crashed the party, and markets are taking note.
Stock futures, oil prices, and bond rates are all falling due to concerns that an increase in Covid-19 cases could slow GDP and raise inflation. In Monday’s trade, we’ll be keeping an eye on the following:
- On a generally negative day, Zoom Video Communications ZM -0.89% surged 4.5 percent ahead of the bell. People seem to anticipate to spend more time in video chat with coworkers before face-to-face communication returns.
- Premarket, shares of Covid-19 vaccine producers were gaining while wider markets fell due to Omicron worries. Premarket, Novavax NVAX -7.07 percent rose 6.3 percent. The World Health Organization awarded Emergency Use Listing for the business’s injection on Friday, according to the company and the Serum Institute of India. Takeda Pharmaceutical TAK 1.16 percent has filed a new medicine application to the Japanese regulators for Novavax’s Covid-19 vaccine candidate.
On Feb. 11, 2021, Nita Patel, senior director of vaccine development at Novavax, examined cell cultures infected with a pseudo-virus created by Novavax to test its Covid-19 vaccine.
Photo courtesy of The Wall Street Journal’s T.J. Kirkpatrick
- Moderna MRNA -6.25 percent, another vaccine producer, was up 7.4 percent. In lab studies, the business claimed that a third dosage of their Covid-19 vaccine improved immune responses against the Omicron strain when compared to two doses. Pfizer PFE 2.59 percent was up 1.5 percent as well.
- Bluerock Residential Growth REIT BRG 76.17 percent soared 69 percent higher in premarket trading after it was announced that it will be bought by Blackstone BX -2.88 percent for $24.25 per share in an all-cash deal.
- Intra-Cellular Therapies ITCI 15.81 percent shares climbed 16 percent premarket after the biopharmaceutical firm said that Caplyta, a treatment for bipolar disorder in adults, had been authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Energy stocks fell in the premarket as oil prices fell by approximately 3%. Occidental Petroleum OXY -3.78 percent fell 3.9 percent, Devon Energy DVN -2.40 percent down 4%, and ConocoPhillips COP -0.01% fell 2.4 percent.
- The cruise ships had gone aground. Royal Caribbean RCL 0.35 percent decreased 3.4 percent and Carnival CCL 3.39 percent lost 2.9 percent. Other travel-related equities were down significantly. Delta Air Lines DAL -0.52% was down 2.8 percent, Hilton Hotels HLT -0.40% was down 1.4 percent, and Booking Holdings BKNG -0.08% was down 1.9 percent.
- Nike (NKE -2.71%), Micron Technology (MU -1.17%), and Braze are among the firms that will release results on Monday.
The Day’s Chart
- Even as the overall market achieved new highs, speculative stocks were crushed. Many people point the finger at the Federal Reserve, but the relationship between monetary policy and speculation is less apparent than it seems, argues James Mackintosh, a journalist.
James Willhite can be reached at [email protected]
Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8
Watch This Video-
The “stock market today cnn” is a daily news article that provides commentary on the stock market. It is important to know what you should be watching in the stock market today as it can help you make decisions about your investments.
- novavax news and rumors
- wall street stock market today
- u.s. stock market today
- stock market game
- dow jones today