Most of us are familiar with the problem. You can’t even stream videos from a website because your internet speed is too slow. It’s frustrating, but there might be some ways to fix it without much hassle! Let’s find out!
The “internet speed slow in windows 11” is a problem that many Windows users face. The issue can be fixed by following the steps below.
Kazim has always been fascinated by technology, whether it’s tinkering with the settings on his iPhone, Android device, or Windows computer. And, on occasion, unscrewing the gadget to inspect the hardware, however… Continue reading
- Several customers with Windows 11 have reported experiencing the same sluggish Internet issue.
- It might be due to a variety of factors, including incorrect settings, metered connections, router difficulties, and DNS server issues, to name a few.
- Aside from learning how to quickly resolve this sluggish download problem, you’ll also understand if Wi-Fi or Ethernet is the best option.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
We use the Internet for the majority of the day, whether it’s for work, shopping, or entertainment. However, numerous customers have noticed poor Internet speeds after updating to Windows 11.
A sluggish connection has an impact on the whole user experience, whether it’s for surfing or downloading items from the internet. With the growing size of online pages and reliance on downloads, it’s critical that you figure out how to handle the issue.
But, before we get into the remedies, it’s critical that you understand the root reasons so you can successfully diagnose the issue.
What causes Windows 11’s sluggish Internet issues?
While most of us blame the ISP (Internet Service Provider), other factors are often at fault. In the following section, we’ve included a few of the most notable:
- Signal is weak.
- The router has a large number of devices linked to it.
- DNS server issues are a common occurrence.
- Settings that are incorrectly setup
- Background processes that need a lot of data
- Setup of a metered connection
Now that you’ve learned all there is to know about the causes, it’s time to move on to the remedies.
How can I speed up my Internet connection in Windows 11?
1. Restart the computer.
- To open the Shut Down Windows box, go to the desktop and click Alt + F4.
- Select Restart from the list of choices by clicking the dropdown menu.
- After that, click OK.
Simply restarting the computer is one of the most efficient remedies to most issues encountered with Windows 11. If the error is caused by a background process or bug, restarting the OS will remove it, so resolving the issue.
Check if the slow Internet problem in Windows 11 has been resolved after the computer has restarted.
2. Confirm that the PC is inside the router’s range (Wi-Fi networks)
In wireless networks, the greater the distance between the device and the router, the slower the Internet speed. Keeping the gadget firmly inside the router’s range is a good remedy.
When you connect to a wireless network, most gadgets show the signal strength. Make sure it’s set to the maximum.
In addition, dual-band routers that handle 5 GHz in addition to the regular 2.4 GHz now exist, allowing for faster Internet speeds. Make sure you’re connected to the 5 GHz network if your router supports both.
3. Reduce the bandwidth used to download updates.
- To open the Settings app, press Windows + I.
- From the left-hand navigation pane, choose Windows Update from the tabs.
- On the right, choose Windows Update.
- Select Advanced settings from the menu.
- Then choose Delivery Optimization.
- Allow downloading from other PCs should be disabled.
- Select Advanced settings from the drop-down menu.
- Tick the checkboxes for allocating bandwidth to background and foreground downloads, then enter the required value in the relevant areas under Absolute Bandwidth.
- You may also use the Percentage of measured bandwidth technique and adjust the desired value using the slider.
- Under Upload settings, scroll down and click the two items.
- Set the appropriate bandwidth for Uploading Updates and Monthly Upload Limit using the slider.
Check whether the sluggish download speed issue in Windows 11 has been repaired after altering the bandwidth settings.
Windows Update is allotted a specific amount of bandwidth for both download and update. You may reduce the bandwidth in order to provide more bandwidth to other activities.
Additionally, Windows sends updates to other PCs on the network, slowing down Internet performance. Disabling the setting may also assist in resolving the issue.
4. Put an end to data-consuming activities.
- To open the Task Manager, use Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select the Performance tab from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom, choose Open Resource Monitor.
- In the Resource Monitor window, go to the Network tab.
- Locate the apps that are using an excessive amount of data, right-click them, and choose End process.
To improve Internet speed in Windows 11, some programs that use a significant amount of data may be killed. Keep in mind, however, that any vital operations, such as Windows Update, should not be terminated.
If you can’t locate any, or if terminating some doesn’t help, go on to the next step.
5. Stop background applications from running.
- To open the Settings app, press Windows + I.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Apps from the list of tabs.
- On the right, choose Installed applications.
- Find the program you don’t want to run in the background, click the ellipsis next to it, then choose Advanced options from the menu that displays.
- Next, choose Allow this program to run in the background from the selection option.
- Choose Never from the drop-down menu.
The technique for disabling background programs in Windows 10 differs significantly from that in Windows 11. In the case of the former, you can simply deactivate them all at once, however in the case of the latter, the options are app-specific.
When many programs run in the background and eat data, the sluggish Internet issue in Windows 11 is unavoidable. It’s also possible that some of them may download files or updates.
To enhance download speed, it’s preferable to turn off any non-essential programs that are operating in the background. Simply launch them whenever you need to work on one of them.
6. Run the Troubleshooter for Internet Connections.
- To open the Settings app, press Windows + I.
- In the System tab, on the right, click Troubleshoot.
- Now choose Other troubleshooters from the drop-down menu.
- To start the troubleshooter, click Run next to Internet connections.
- If and when requested, choose the proper option to finish the troubleshooting procedure.
Microsoft provides a number of troubleshooters that may help you detect and resolve some of the most frequent problems. It’s advised that you run these before moving on to the more complicated ways, just in case one is available for your situation.
You may use the Internet connections troubleshooter to fix problems that prevent you from accessing the Internet.
Windows Defender Firewall should be turned off.
You may stop the Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 11 in a number of methods, one of which we’ve detailed here. If you are more at ease with the others, feel free to utilize them since the ultimate outcome will be the same.
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S.
- In the top text area, type Control Panel, and then click on the first appropriate search result that displays.
- From the list of choices that appears, choose System and Security.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- From the list of choices on the left, choose Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Toggle the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) ticks under both Private and Public network options, then click OK at the bottom.
- In the event that a prompt comes, choose the proper answer.
The Windows Defender Firewall is an important component of the operating system that protects your computer from illegal traffic both to and from it. However, it has been known to cause sluggish Internet with Windows 11, so deactivating it would be a good solution in this instance.
However, keep in mind that you’ll be missing out on important security features, and your machine will be vulnerable. If deactivating Windows Defender Firewall does not work, immediately re-enable it.
Furthermore, bear in mind that one of the finest antivirus solutions for Windows 11 can help you safeguard your computer even more.
8. Disconnect any metered connections.
- To open the Settings, press Windows + I.
- In the navigation pane on the left, choose Network & Internet from the list of tabs.
- Depending on the network type, choose Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Select the network to which you are currently connected.
- Disable the Metered Connection toggle.
9. Switch DNS servers
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R.
- To open the Network Connections window, type appwiz.cpl in the text box and press OK or Enter.
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click on the connected network adapter.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then Properties.
- Check the box next to Use the DNS server addresses listed below.
- Fill in the following fields and then click OK to save your changes:
- 126.96.36.199 is the preferred DNS server.
- 188.8.131.52 is an alternative DNS server.
- Restart the machine after making the modifications.
The DNS server is used to determine the IP address associated with a domain name. When you type in a domain name, the IP address for that domain is found and the website is started.
Although Windows is configured to pick the DNS server by default, Internet performance may be slowed owing to DNS server difficulties. As a result, switching to an open-source DNS for increased performance is suggested.
What should I do if none of the above solutions resolve my sluggish Internet problem?
This is a very possible situation, owing to issues with the ISP’s end. In this scenario, you have the option of having the connections tested for flaws or switching to a plan with a faster Internet speed. You may also remedy the sluggish Internet issue in Windows 11 by switching to a faster and safer web browser.
However, before upgrading, remember to analyze your needs and choose the plan that best meets them.
Which is better: Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
Both have their own set of benefits and drawbacks. Wi-Fi, as its name implies, provides wireless access, while Ethernet connections need the usage of wires. The first provides movement, while the second provides stability.
When it comes to speed, Ethernet is unquestionably the victor, but thanks to advances in wireless technology, the gap is narrowing by the day. So, if you’re having trouble with sluggish Internet on Windows 11, switching to Ethernet could help.
These are the most efficient remedies for this issue in Windows 11, as well as any other pertinent information that may be useful while dealing with it. Also, learn how to fix bugs in Windows 11 that cause Wi-Fi to vanish.
Tell us which repair worked for you or if you had to upgrade your plan in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Internet slow on Windows 11?
A: The reason your internet is slow on Windows 11 may be due to the fact that it is not performing well. For example, you may have a virus that has affected the performance of your computer and causing an issue with loading data.
How can I speed up my Internet in Windows 11?
A: The Windows 10 version of the Internet speed up is a feature that was removed in Windows 11.
How do I fix slow Internet on one computer?
A: Unfortunately, there is no way for me to answer this question.
- windows 11 slow download speed
- windows 11 slower than windows 10
- speed windows 11
- speed up internet windows 11
- how to increase internet speed on windows 11